5 people confirmed killed in restaurant fire in Myanmar’s Yangon

0
fire
fire

A total of five people were killed and one injured in a fire that broke out in a restaurant in Yangon’s South Dagon township early Saturday, an official from the Myanmar Fire Services Department told Xinhua Saturday.

The fire which occurred at about 04:35 a.m. local time was caused by gas leakage from a gas cylinder in the kitchen. The fire spread to a neighboring house.

The 5 victims were waiters of the restaurant, two of whom are children.

Daw Thein Kyi, assistant director of the Myanmar Fire Services Department, said that those people were sleeping when the kitchen caught fire and they were killed due to smoke inhalation.

The fire was brought under control at about 05:05 a.m. local time. Enditem

Source: Xinhua/NewsGhana.com.gh

Send your news stories to newsghana101@gmail.com and via WhatsApp on +233 244244807 Follow News Ghana on Google News

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here