The Bibini Royal Family of Oblogo and Weija in the Ga South Municipality of the Greater Accra Region is accusing the Attorney-General?s Department (AG) of foul play in the gruesome murder case of their late Chief, Nii Kweku Bibini III, whose death occurred on 012.

?My brothers we can make it clear to you today that the Attorney-General?s Department which is an independent State legal institution is instrumentally supporting the suspects?we suspect foul play in the manner in which all the alleged murderers of the late chief are being granted bail one after the other in the name of human rights when they were alleged to have been the perpetrators of the act,? the family members voiced out.

They have against this backdrop threatened to seek justice in whatever manner they deem fit if the Attorney-General fails to deliver justice to the family and the memory of the late Nii Kweku Bibini.

?We would advise ourselves if the State does not make sure our chief?s murderers are punished,? the family relayed to Today calling on the Attorney-General to make sure those who took part in the killing of Nii Bibini face the full rigours of the law.

They insisted that the perpetrators of the crime must be severely punished to serve as deterrent to others and avoid a situation like that of the Dagbon chieftaincy crisis occurring in Oblogo further hinting that ?justice delayed was justice denied.?

It would be recalled that the late Nii Kweku Bibini was alleged to have been killed in a bloody attack by a rival group at his palace in Oblogo, a suburb of Accra on Sunday, April 8, this year.

After the incident, 14 suspects were arrested and prosecuted at the High Court of Justice (Human Rights Division) in Accra.

The State Attorney after scrutinising the facts and the case docket was of the view that the court could grant bail to 11 applicants leaving behind three accused persons. Subsequently, the 11 were granted bail.

But a spokesperson for the Bibini Family who pleaded anonymity told journalists that he suspected foul play because Abdul Rauf, one of three accused persons, which the court said should not be granted bail, had been released.

The spokesperson pointed accusing fingers at the State Attorney, Mr. Sefakor, who he said was working against the family and for this called on the Attorney-General to drop him and let another lawyer take over the case.

Citing an instance to back his claim, he said the family was notified to appear in court on October 23 but the suspects were taken to court on Friday, October 12 without prior notice to them disclosing that that was when the said Rauf was granted bail.

In his statement of claim, the spokesperson revealed that the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) officer who was handling the case told him he was not informed by the state prosecutor about the hearing of the case in court on Friday October 19 2012.

He further accused the State prosecutor of playing all manner of tricks on the family with the clear intention of preventing the family from being granted justice saying he believed the state prosecutor had taken bribes to the detriment of the rule of law and justice.

Disclaimer: News Ghana is not responsible for the reportage or opinions of contributors published on the website.

Send your news stories to [email protected] and via WhatsApp on +1-508-812-0505 

Previous articleDrowning
Next articleDR Congo rebels kill park rangers

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here