Police
Police

Police in Brong-Ahafo have refuted reports of alleged “self-imposed” curfew in the Banda-Ahenkro and its environs as being circulated in the social media.

Though the command confirmed cases of armed robbery attacks in the District, it said it had intensified police patrol and improve security presence in the area.

It said in the past months eight-armed robbery cases had been recorded in the area.

A statement issued by the Command and signed by Chief Inspector Augustine Kingsley Oppong, the Brong-Ahafo Regional Police Public Relations Officer, and copied to the Ghana News Agency (GNA), said the people were currently going on with their normal activities.

The Command assured residents of total security as it investigated the robbery cases and appealed to the people to help fish out and prosecute the suspects by providing the police with needed information.

Disclaimer: News Ghana is not responsible for the reportage or opinions of contributors published on the website.

Send your news stories to [email protected] and via WhatsApp on +1-508-812-0505 

Previous articleBirths and Deaths Registry of VR unable to reach set targets
Next articleVisually Impaired Student Graduates with First Class
The Ghana news Agency (GNA) was established on March 5, 1957, i.e. on the eve of Ghana's independence and charged with the "dissemination of truthful unbiased news". It was the first news agency to be established in Sub-Saharan Africa. GNA was part of a comprehensive communication policy that sought to harness the information arm of the state to build a viable, united and cohesive nation-state. GNA has therefore been operating in the unique role of mobilizing the citizens for nation building, economic and social development, national unity and integration.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here