Six hundred and one (601) electrical fires were recorded nationwide, last year – 34 more than the 2014 total.
Dr. Gaisie in a speech read for him at the induction of the newly elected national officers of the Ghana Electrical Contractors Association in Accra, said it was important for property owners to make sure they engaged only certified electricians to undertake all electrical wiring and installation works.
They should stop going for quacks to prevent fire outbreaks due to poor wiring.
He asked that everybody cooperated with the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) to substantially prevent the loss of lives and the damage to property through fire.
Nana Addo Tetebo is the new national President of the Association.
The other elected officers are Mr. Kofi Essilfie Forson, Vice President, Mr. Mohammed Awal Sakib, Secretary, Mr. Michael Huzey, Assistant Secretary, Mr. Jasper Amudzi, Treasurer, and Mr. Kwame Akowuah Acheampong, Trustee.