Chinese leave South Sudan as fight escalates

0

Hua Chunying, the Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokeswomaan, on Tuesday, said the country had safely evacuated its citizens from South Sudan.
She said the Chinese Embassy in South Sudan, as well as embassies and consulates in neighbouring countries and cities where relevant flights would stop for transit, offered assistance in consulting services, customs procedures, coordination and resettlement.
Chunying said safety alerts were issued to warn Chinese citizens against travel to South Sudan in the near future and demanded that non-essential personnel should evacuate as soon as possible.
“So far, there have been no reports of death or injury of Chinese nationals,” she added.
The spokeswoman noted that China had asked relevant authorities in South Sudan to reinforce security protection for Chinese citizens and organisations.
She stated that  Chinese Foreign Ministry and the Embassy in South Sudan would closely follow the developments of the situation and take necessary steps to safeguard the security and lawful interests of Chinese citizens and organisations in South Sudan.

Send your news stories to newsghana101@gmail.com and via WhatsApp on +233 244244807 Follow News Ghana on Google News

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here