Guinea-Bissau
Guinea-Bissau

Guinea-Bissau reported 89 new confirmed cases of COVID-19, bringing the country’s total number of confirmed cases to 564, Tumane Balde, spokesperson of the Interministerial Commission of COVID-19 Prevention and Control, announced on Thursday.

“Out of the 184 tests carried out in the past 48 hours, 89 came back positive, bringing the number of cases in the country to 564,” Balde said, adding that “the number has passed the 500 mark, it is a very serious situation that should concern everyone in the country”.

Guinea-Bissau’s Prime Minister Nuno Gomes Na Biam and Interior Minister Botche Cande received the green light of discharge from the hotel where they have been under quarantine for more than a week.

“I am able to resume my work and fully assume my responsibilities as prime minister,” Na Biam said when leaving the hotel.

“We want to remind the population that this disease is real. We must remain vigilant and follow the instructions given by the Ministry of Public Health,” Na Biam stressed.

This small Portuguese-speaking country in West Africa is seeing a fast increase in the number of cases, since the two first cases were reported on March 25.

In order to fight against the spread of the pandemic, the government of Guinea-Bissau has decided to maintain the restrictive measures that have already been in place, including the closing of borders, restaurants, bars, places of worships and schools, and banning gathering of people.

So far, Guinea-Bissau has reported 564 confirmed cases, including 2 deaths and 26 cured. Enditem

Disclaimer: News Ghana is not responsible for the reportage or opinions of contributors published on the website.

Send your news stories to [email protected] and via WhatsApp on +1-508-812-0505 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.