Photo taken on May 19, 2016 shows an airplane of EgyptAir taking off at the Charles de Gaulle Airport, in Paris, France. Egypt's Foreign Ministry confirmed to Egyptian Civil Aviation Ministry that wreckages of the missing airplane were found near the Greek Island of Karpathos, EgyptAir said on Thursday. Earlier in the day, EgyptAir said the missing plane, an Airbus A320, disappeared from radar screens en route from Paris to Cairo Thursday at 2:45 am Cairo local time (0045 GMT), with 66 people aboard. (Xinhua/Pierre Andrieu)

Egypt will resume air traffic at all airports from July 1 amid preparations to resume foreign tourism in three provinces with the least COVID-19 infections, the civil aviation minister said Sunday.

“Flights will be resumed gradually with some states,” said Civil Aviation Minister Mohamed Manar in a joint press conference with the ministers of tourism and information.

Egypt has suspended international flights since March 19 as a precautionary measure to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus.”All planes have been comprehensively sterilized and only dry meals and canned beverages will be offered,” Manar said, adding the distribution of any publications will be banned on board.

Meanwhile, Minister of Tourism and Antiquities Khaled al-Anany said foreign tourism will be resumed in the three coastal provinces with the least COVID-19 infections, namely South Sinai, the Red Sea and Matrouh.

South Sinai and the Red Sea have the popular resort cities of Sharm El-Sheikh and Hurghada, which are among the most attractive tourist destinations worldwide.

All precautionary measures for the resumption of international flights and tourism are coordinated with the health ministry, the ministers noted.

Egypt is currently adopting a coexistence plan to maintain anti-coronavirus precautionary measures while resuming services, businesses and economic activities.

The most populous Arab country has already started gradual reopening of services and offices, and recently allowed operation of over 230 hotels for local tourists with 50-percent capacity after they were given hygiene safety certificates.

Egypt has so far registered 42,980 COVID-19 cases, including 1,484 deaths and 11,529 recoveries.

Disclaimer: News Ghana is not responsible for the reportage or opinions of contributors published on the website.

Send your news stories to [email protected] and via WhatsApp on +1-508-812-0505 

Previous articleCalifornia officials probe 2 separate hanging deaths of African American men
Next articleTanzanian police arrest suspect over conducting genital mutilation to 10 girls
Xinhua News Agency, Xinhuanet is an important central news service-oriented website, an important information organ of the central government, and an important platform for building up China's online international communication capacity. Established on November 7, 1997, as an online news provider of the Xinhua News Agency, it was officially named Xinhuanet on March 10, 2000 and began around-the-clock news release with leading online public opinion at home and setting a good image of China abroad as its main task.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here