Covid Positivenegative

The Egyptian Health Ministry announced on Wednesday that the total discovered cases of locals and foreigners infected with COVID-19 have reached 456 so far, including 21 deaths and 95 recoveries.

Egypt confirmed 54 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, including the 40 cases announced by the country’s health minister earlier in the day, and one death case of a 63-year-old Egyptian, said the ministry’s spokesman Khaled Megahed in a statement.

“As many as 15 cases were cured and discharged from the quarantine hospital, including four foreigners and 11 Egyptians, raising the total number of recovered cases to 95, out of 113 cases whose tests turned from positive to negative for the virus,” Megahed pointed out.

Egypt has recently taken strict precautionary measures to contain the spread of COVID-19, including temporary closure of schools, universities, museums and archeological sites, reducing employees and sterilizing means of transport, government offices and tourist attractions.

On Tuesday, the Egyptian cabinet further announced a partial curfew nationwide from early evening to early morning and a complete shutdown of all entertainment places for the coming two weeks.

Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi said earlier on Wednesday that he is looking forward to the compliance of his people with the additional measures for the safety of the country and the citizens.

“We will pass through these difficult moments,” said the Egyptian president, stressing that “we can succeed in our mission with the unity of everyone.” Enditem

Advertisements

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.