Christian Kodia Ago, an official at the agency in charge of coordination and reintegration of ex-combatants, on Thursday told the media the work to disarm the former fighters had been completed.
“There are no more ex-combatants. Disarmament was completed on June 30, 2015 and any one else remaining may have returned to the country recently,” Ago said.
“We even have their exact number which is 64,000 people,” he added.
The official urged all actors to play their part to ensure a peaceful election.
Cote d’Ivoire will hold presidential poll on Oct. 25.
The election is considered crucial as it is expected to help restore normalcy to a country stung by the 2010-2011 post-election violence that killed at least 3,000 people.
Some opposition leaders earlier expressed fears some ex-combatants who they said had not been disarmed might pose a threat to the election.
The government says it has been reintegrating these former combatants into the society. Enditem