The midfielder, 23, was taken to the hospital’s heart attack centre after suffering a cardiac arrest during Saturday’s FA Cup tie at Tottenham.

A joint statement from the club and hospital on Sunday said: “As is normal, he remains anaesthetised in intensive care and will be for at least 24 hours.

“His condition continues to be closely monitored by the cardiac specialists.”

The statement added: “Fabrice received prolonged resuscitation at the ground and on route to The London Chest Hospital, where his heart eventually started working.”

Bolton manager Owen Coyle said: “Fabrice’s family have asked me to pass on their thanks for the many, many kind messages of support from not only Bolton fans but also fans from clubs across the country and abroad.

“All our thoughts and prayers are for Fabrice and his family at this time. The family would also like to thank the media for respecting their privacy at this time.”

Coyle had earlier stated: “It’s very serious. There’s no getting away from that. God willing, he makes it through.”

Medics spent six minutes trying to resuscitate the former England under-21 international on the field after he fell to the ground with no other players around him.

BBC

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.