Faulty block molding machine kills student

0

A 17-year-old form one student of Suhum Presbyterian Senior High School, Richard Mante, was electrocuted by a faulty block molding machine he was operating at a block factory at Suhum.

Neonatal DeathsPolice sources told the Ghana News Agency (GNA) that the deceased, who worked at the factory at weekends and holidays as a part time worker, was operating one of the machines when he had a shock from the machine and fell.

He was taken to the Suhum Government Hospital but died.

The police sources said a report was made to the police who also reported the case to the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG), Suhum and during investigations it was detected that the machine the deceased was operating was faulty.

A brother of the deceased, Mr. Maxwell Mante, a business man, denied rumours that the deceased had been using his earnings from the block molding business to pay for his school fees.

He said he and another brother, who is a teacher, had been paying the school fees of the deceased.

GNA

Send your news stories to newsghana101@gmail.com and via WhatsApp on +233 244244807
Follow News Ghana on Google News

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here