Fire House
Fire House

Some residents of Atadeka in the Kpone-Katamanso Municipality are counting their losses after fire gutted their one-story building residence on New Year’s Day.

The Ghana News Agency visited the premises on Wednesday and saw the affected residents clearing the debris.

According to them, the National Disaster Management Organization (NADMO) had visited the place and after doing some assessments, asked them to vacate the rooms as it was not safe for habitation.

Mr Pascal Normeshie, a victim, said the fire gutted the landlord’s three bedroom apartment, and four other single room apartment occupied by tenants.

Mr Normeshie added that their attention was drawn to the fire which started from the landlord’s apartment at about 16:30 hours when some of the tenants were having fun while others cooked.

He added that they tried putting off the fire but to no avail as the room was filled with a thick smoke making it difficult to locate the source of the fire which seemed to have emanated from the ceiling.

He added that another tenant who is a personnel of the Ghana National Fire Service called the station to help fight the fire,as it spread to all the rooms at the top.

According to the victim, even though the Fire Service personnel responded promptly, it took them some hours to put the fire under control.

The fire had become intense in the roof which was made up of galvanized pipes, and plastic Tongue and Groove (T&G).

Mr Normeshie further noted that the windows of the building were buglar proof as well as air- trap glazed glass which became a barrier to the water pumped to extinguish the fire.

Disclaimer: News Ghana is not responsible for the reportage or opinions of contributors published on the website.

Send your news stories to [email protected] and via WhatsApp on +1-508-812-0505 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.