Fuveme BECE candidates show up for exams

0
Education Bece Fuveme
Bece Fuveme

Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) candidates from the collapsed Fuveme R.C. Basic School are participating in the ongoing final examination that began across the country.

Tidal surge over a week ago collapsed parts of the Fuveme R.C. Basic School in the Anloga District, leaving just two classroom blocks for use for the about 230 pupils in addition to destroying school materials including desks and textbooks.

The situation occasioned Management of the school to crowd pupils from Kindergarten 1 to Junior High School (JHS) form 2 in one classroom to allow the JHS 3 pupils, 19 in number (14 boys, five girls) to occupy the other classroom so they could prepare for the 2021 BECE.

Some candidates, who spoke to the Ghana News Agency (GNA) during a visit to the school last week said they were distraught and finding it difficult to concentrate on the final preparations their teachers were taking them through.

Checks by the GNA on Monday, the first day of the 2021 BECE revealed that all the 19 candidates from Fuveme R.C. Basic School, showed up at Anyanui Basic School which is the BECE Centre for the Anyanui Circuit.

The Anloga District Education Director, Madam Yvonne Akpene Ame-Bruce who confirmed the presence of the 19 candidates from Fuveme to the GNA said though they were devastated some days earlier, they were currently in high spirits to sit for the examination.

She and Mr Seth Yormewu, District Chief Executive for Anloga visited the Anyanui Centre and some other centres in the District to encourage candidates to do their best and come out with good grades to enable them to continue with their education.

Madam Ame-Bruce said the Directorate expected the presence of all 273 candidates writing the BECE at the Anyanui Centre to partake in the examination.

She wished all the 1,748 candidates sitting for the week-long BECE at all the eight centres in the District the very best advising them to go to the examination centres with confidence and without fears.

Send your news stories to [email protected] and via WhatsApp on +233 244244807
Follow News Ghana on Google News

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here