Assistant Divisional Officer, Ebenezer Sam, of the Western Regional Fire Command, told the Ghana News Agency in an interview that naked fires such as candles, lighted charcoal, lamps, coils and open burning, could cause fire outbreak and advised individuals and households to be on guard.
The officer said fire safety must, therefore, be paramount to all citizenry to safeguard property and lives in this season.
The Assistant Divisional Officer asked the public to switch off all appliance and gadgets before leaving the house or during the night to avoid any incidence of domestic fires through electricity.
The Command recorded 107 domestic fires in 2014.
In all, the Command recorded 243 fires of all categories – industrial, domestic, institutional and electrical among others.