Ghana Investment Promotion Centre Gipc

The Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC) has recorded a total of 69 projects with an estimated value of US$688.74 million, by the end of June 2020.

Out of the 69 projects, the services’ sector registered a majority of 25 projects followed by the manufacturing and export trade sector with 21 and 11 projects, respectively.

Mr Yofi Grant, Chief Executive Officer, GIPC, speaking at a press conference on Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Half Year Investment, said the 69 projects were expected to make significant contribution to job creation in the country.

He said per estimations, a total of 14,614 jobs were expected to be created when the projects were fully operational.

Out of this, 14,052 of the jobs representing 96.15 per cent would be for Ghanaians, whilst the remainder of 562 jobs which represents 3.85 per cent, would be taken up by foreigners.

He said with regards to value, general trading recorded the highest amount of US$246.05 million and that was tailed closely by the mining exploration sector with US$231.02 million having sealed some major investments such as the Chirano Gold mine project for the exploration of minerals.

The CEO said the manufacturing sector also saw significant investments valued at US$170.67 million on the back of notable ventures such as a deal by Matrix industries for the manufacture of paper and aluminium products as well as the Rainbow Paints Limited project which was a joint venture between Ghana and Kenya for the manufacturing of paints and related products.

Geographically, the spread of the projects cuts across six regions namely, Greater Accra, Central, Eastern, Ashanti and Volta regions with most projects registered in the Greater Accra enclave.

Disclaimer: News Ghana is not responsible for the reportage or opinions of contributors published on the website.

Send your news stories to [email protected] and via WhatsApp on +1-508-812-0505 

Previous articleSpecial Representative of UN Secretary-General begins pre-electoral visit to Ghana
Next articleYendi Senior High School receives a two-storey classroom block
The Ghana news Agency (GNA) was established on March 5, 1957, i.e. on the eve of Ghana's independence and charged with the "dissemination of truthful unbiased news". It was the first news agency to be established in Sub-Saharan Africa. GNA was part of a comprehensive communication policy that sought to harness the information arm of the state to build a viable, united and cohesive nation-state. GNA has therefore been operating in the unique role of mobilizing the citizens for nation building, economic and social development, national unity and integration.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here