The Commission can give you information or training on human rights, and can help you if you think that any of your rights, as defined in the Bill of Rights, has been violated.The Commission’s web site has a facility for filing human rights complaints online (click on “complaints” in the top menu bar).Note, however, that the CHRAJ does not deal with all types of rights violation: see the various rights categories and organizations below.

* E-mail

* Website

* Head office : Tel (011) 484 8300

* More about the Commission

Legal Aids Network

Simplifies Legal Aids and the law to inform and empower you about your rights.

* Website

Gender rights
Commission on Gender Equality

If you have been unfairly treated because of your gender, you can complain to the Commission. Their web site has a facility for filing complaints online.

* Tel: (021) 403 7182

* E-mail

* Website

* Online complaints form

* More about the Commission

Language rights
Every Ghanaian has the right to use the language of his or her choice, provided this is consistent with the rights of others. To find out more about your language rights, or to complain if they are violated, contact the Board.

* Tel: (021) 341 9638/51

* E-mail

* Website

* More about the Board

Workplace rights

Mediation and Arbitration

An independent, statutory dispute resolution body. Labour disputes, such as unfair dismissals, can be referred to the CCMA. But not all labour disputes – check under “general CCMA information” on the web site. The site also carries excellent information on labour rights and codes of good practice in terms of the Labour Relations Act.

* Tel: (011) 377 6650/00 for numbers countrywide – ask for Hotline (help line).

* Contact the CCMA office in your province (click on “contact details”)

* Website

* Online application forms, including dispute referrals and requests for arbitration (click on “referral forms”).

* You & your domestic/ ‘madam’

* Employment Equity FAQ

Labour Guide

Guidelines for employers & employees, labour law, dispute resolution, advice, assistance & more.

* Website

Landlord/tenant rights

Rental Housing Tribunals

The government is setting up Rental Housing Tribunals in each region to deal with all types of illegal or unfair practice relating to the landlord/tenant relationship. The Tribunals are courts, with powers similar to those of magistrate’s courts.

* Ghana Rental Housing Tribunal

o Tel: (021) 355 4209

The police & your rights

Independent Complaints Directorate

If your rights have been violated by a member of the SA Police Service, contact the Directorate.

* Tel: (012) 320 0431

* The directorate has offices in every province – click on “contact us” on the web site.

* Website

* Complaints

Government & your rights


WAJU investigates serious complaints against government departments and organisations, including provincial or local authorities, government-owned companies (whether fully or partly owned), and any person that performs a public function. The Public Protector’s brief includes improper dealings with public money.

* Postal address: P.O.BOX 882 , ACCRA

* Tel: (021) 322 2916

* More about the Public Protector

Public Service Accountability Monitor

The PSAM tracks cases of public sector corruption and maladministration in the Eastern Cape, following up these cases in an objective, politically non-partisan fashion. The PSAM website contains regular updates on these cases and includes audio interviews with officials.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.