Hunting Accident Claim 13 Lives In Italy.

0

CrimeWatch

Rome ? The hunting season has barely begun in Italy, where 720 000 people hunt regularly and already 13 people, including a child, have died in related accidents, an anti-gun association says.

?Stop the massacre,? Victims of Hunting said on Sunday, noting that another 33 people had suffered gunshot wounds since the autumn-spring season began on 1 September.

The figures represent a sharp rise from last year?s hunting season, when a total of 25 people were killed, including 24 hunters, and 70 were wounded including 11 non-hunters.

?The government should do something,? the group?s president Daniela Casprini said in a statement. An ordinary citizen can?t go about normal activities in the hunting areas without risking death and hunting should be banned in Italy. We must end what is a veritable massacre,? she said. Opinions have little importance next to the facts.?

The latest hunting accident, on Saturday, happened in Pavia in northwestern Italy where a 16-year-old was killed by his 17-year-old best friend. Their families face charges for failing to keep their guns locked away.

Source : AFP

Send your news stories to newsghana101@gmail.com and via WhatsApp on +233 244244807 Follow News Ghana on Google News

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here