Iran’s foreign minister says Israel behind attack on nuclear facility

0
FILED - Satellite image from July 21, 2004 of the Natanz nuclear facility in Iran. Iran's nuclear authorities have reported an overnight
FILED - Satellite image from July 21, 2004 of the Natanz nuclear facility in Iran. Iran's nuclear authorities have reported an overnight "incident" at the country's Natanz nuclear site. Photo: DigitalGlobe/dpa

(dpa) – Iran’s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has described the cyberattack on the Natanz nuclear facility as an act of terrorism and blamed Israel for it.

The plant in central Iran produces, among other things, new centrifuges for uranium enrichment. “The Zionists want to sabotage Iran’s nuclear achievements and the nuclear negotiations [in Vienna] with these terrorist operations,” Zarif told parliament on Monday.

Neither, however, will happen, he said. “Our revenge is that we will continue successfully in both areas,” Iran’s chief diplomat said, according to state news agency IRNA.

Israel has so far not commented on the allegations.

“The activities of the Israeli army in the Middle East are not hidden from the enemies,” Israeli Chief of General Staff Aviv Kochavi said on Sunday at a memorial ceremony for fallen soldiers at Herzlberg in Jerusalem, according to media reports. “They are watching us, seeing our capabilities, and carefully considering their moves.”

Israel considers Iran’s nuclear programme a serious threat because Iran has missiles with a range of up to 2,000 kilometres that could hit anywhere in Israel.

If the missiles were equipped with nuclear warheads, Israel’s existence would be seriously threatened.

Tehran insists it has no nuclear warheads and will only use the missiles for a retaliatory strike.

Send your news stories to newsghana101@gmail.com and via WhatsApp on +233 244244807
Follow News Ghana on Google News

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here