J.Bs Murder: court to adopt an application

An Accra District Court hearing J.B Danquah Adu’s Murder case will on July 19 rule on an application filed by the defence counsel for prosecution to produce a medical report on one of the accused persons.


Mr Augustine Obuor, the counsel for the accused person, told the court that his client Daniel Asiedu aka Sexy Dondon was sent to the police hospital to ascertain his real age but prosecution refused to make the report available to them.

court “My Lord, my client was marched to the hospital like a lamb,” he added.

Responding Chief Superintendent of Police Francis Baah said it was not time for the defence counsel to start demanding for documents from prosecution.

The court presided over by Worlanyo Kotoku adjourned the case to decide whether the prosecution have to present the report to the defence counsel or not.

Vincent Bosso the second accused person was arraigned on the charge of Abetment of crime to wit murder.

Bosso was in the company of Daniel, who is also being held for murder of the Late MP for Abuakwa North on February 9, this year at his Shiashie residence at about 1:00am.

The facts as presented by Chief Superintendent Baah were that the deceased J.B Danquah-Adu lived with his family in one storey building at Shiashie, East Legon.

The accused persons Asiedu and Bosso lived at Agbgboloshie.

On February 8, at about 11:40 pm, the deceased came home in his private vehicle driven by his driver Samuel Berko Sarkodie.

Prosecution said the driver having brought his master home handed over the ignition keys to him and left for his residence at Kasoa.

The deceased then retired to bedroom located upstairs. At about 1:00am, Asiedu and Bosso armed went to the house of the deceased, prosecution said.

According to prosecution, Asiedu after entering the house picked up a ladder and climbed to the porch of the top floor and entered the bedroom of the deceased through the window while the deceased was sleeping.

“Asiedu began to search the room but the deceased woke up and held him. Asiedu resisted and stabbed the deceased on the right chest above the breast. The deceased held the knife and Asiedu pulled the knife through the deceased hands creating a deep cut in his palm,” prosecution said.

Prosecution said the deceased who was bleeding profusely fell by his bed helpless and Asiedu stabbed him several times on the right chest and neck.

He said realizing that the deceased was almost dead left him and took away his three iPhones.

The prosecutor said the struggle that ensued between the deceased drew the attention of the security man who alerted other security men within the vicinity

Chief Superintendent Baah said Bosso realising danger took to his heels leaving Asiedu behind. Asiedu however managed to descend from deceased room to the back house, climbed one of the poly tanks in the house and jumped over the electric fence into the adjoining house and escaped.

He said the Security man then called the Police emergency line and informed them. When the Police arrived the victim was dead and his body was conveyed the Police Hospital Mortuary.

On February 15, an autopsy was performed on the deceased body by a Pathologist from the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital who gave the cause of death as exsanguination and multiple stab injuries on anterior and chest.”

Prosecution said Police investigations led to the arrest of accused persons who stated that their aim of going to the deceased house was to steal.

The prosecutor said Asiedu explained that deceased struggled with him when he entered the room and that compelled him to use the knife on him.

Chief Superintendent Baah said investigations are on-going.

Source: GNA/NewsGhana.com.gh

Send your news stories to newsghana101@gmail.com Follow News Ghana on Google News


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here