The death toll from Sunday’s twin bomb blasts in central north Nigeria’s city of Jos has risen from 44 to 51, the country’s emergency body said on Tuesday.
The agency had on Monday confirmed that 44 persons died from the blast and about 67 sustained serious injuries of different proportions.
The NEMA official told Xinhua that one person died at the Plateau Specialist Hospital on Monday night and six additional dead bodies were discovered from the scene of the blast by security agencies.
“It then means that the number of deaths has increased from 44 to 51,” he added.
Abdulsalam said the injured had been admitted at various hospitals and were given adequate medical care, while the International Red Cross provided drugs and consumables. Enditem