Kind robbers quenches thirst of victim

Wpid Robbers
Wpid Robbers


The alleged robbers covering their faces in court yesterday

Isaac Opare Addo, one of the victims in the Koforidua robbery case, told the court yesterday that he was shivering and thirsty during the robbery attack, but the robbers fetched him water to quench his thirst and assured him they would not kill him.

?I was shivering and very thirsty. The short one (referring to Isaac Agormor, a 22-year-old mason) told me not to shiver and that they won?t kill me. So he went and brought me water.?

The witness narrated that the robbers, after gathering their booty and offering him water, pleaded with him to show them the way out of the house, which he did.

Opare Addo, in narrating his experience to the court, said not long after the robbery, one of the robbers, whom he identified as Nicholas Eshun, an artisan he had invited to his house for an estimate, was arrested by the police near his house.

The police, according to the witness, returned some of the items the robbers had taken away after they found them somewhere near his house a day after the robbery.

Opare Addo was the man who was robbed on December 31, 2013 while watching church service on TV at a time his family had left for church at about 11:00pm.

He said his daughter?s foreign currency (US dollars and pound sterling) was also stolen during the robbery.

Dr. Fidelis Gligui of the Koforidua General Hospital told a chilling story of how he had thought he was dreaming on December 22, 2013 but woke up to the reality that two men armed with a silver gun and cutlass stood by his bedside demanding money.

He told them that he had earlier in the day attended a wedding ceremony so he had only GH?120 on him.

?The short one said they knew me, I am a doctor and so I should have more than the money I gave them.?

He said Isaac Agormor (whom he described as the short one) threatened to kill him if they searched his house and found more money.

?I tried to cover myself but the short one tore everything and the tall one (referring to Samuel Akwetey) pointed the gun at my head.?

Later, they locked him together with a female guest in the toilet and went to another room which housed a female colleague of his.

He said he heard movements to and fro until they brought the other female and locked all three of them in the toilet.

After ransacking the whole house, they came back and dragged the two females away, leaving him in the toilet.

He later heard the females screaming.

They were brought back to the toilet and locked up with him.

He said it took him two hours to break open the door to the toilet after the robbers had left.

The court intermittently broke into laugher during Dr. Gligui?s narration because he said he had plans to organise a party for his friends on December 24, 2013 but all items shopped for the party including drinks, hampers and food were stolen by the robbers.

Prosecuting, Priscilla Dikoh showed some of the drinks, sardines and canned beef to the court as exhibits identified by Dr. Gligui, drawing spontaneous laughter.

All seven persons made their fourth appearance in court for various charges on robbery, abetment, conspiracy and dishonestly receiving.

The seven are Samuel Kwame Akwetey aka Agbe, Nicholas Eshun, Isaac Agormor aka Baaba, Charles Awuku, Gideon Boateng, Godwin Ametorwo and Zibo Mahmoud, whilst Harrison Ofori is still at large.

Stephen Ofori, a security man, another witness in a case where a generator was stolen from his home, threw the court into laughter when he recounted how he was frightened by a loud noise he heard in his sleep on the dawn of September 3, 2013.

This brought the court to a hilarious moment as the judge and people present laughed their hearts out because the security man said, ?I was afraid of the noise so I could not go out.?

However, in the morning, he went to check and realised that a generator placed near the wall at the back of the house was no more there.

He also saw that a big hole had been created in the wall suggesting that the generator was pulled through that space.

He later reported the matter to the Police.

State Attorney Priscilla Dikoh, who is the prosecutor in the case of Dr. Gligui, told the court that some of her witnesses were so traumatised that they could not appear yesterday.

She therefore pleaded for an adjournment by which time they would be ready to appear before the court.

The cases were adjourned to March 4 and 12, 2014 during which other witnesses would be called.

Send your news stories to and via WhatsApp on +233 244244807 Follow News Ghana on Google News Aviator


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here