Nana Asaa Banful, who held brief for Mr Ekow Ampah Korsah, counsel for Afoko, noted that the prosecution has repeated that they were waiting for advice from the Attorney General’s office.

According to her the case had been around for the past six months and that the AG’s advice should have been ready.

Mr Adjei Mensah counsel for Issah accomplice of Afoko said the prosecution should give them date for which the advice from the AG’s department would have been ready.

Counsel raised their concerns after prosecuting Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Stephen Adjei had told the court that the Police was waiting for AG’s advice and they are hoping that by the next adjourned date, the advice would be ready.

The court presided over by Mr Worlanyo Kotoku adjourned the matter to November 25 and remanded Afoko into lawful custody.

Issah who is also standing trial with Gregory Afoko over the death of Mahama is however on bail.

Afoko has been charged with murder, his accomplice, Musah, is being held for abetment of crime.

Their pleas have not been taken.

On July 10, the Magistrates’ Court presided over by Mr Worlanyo Kotoku, admitted Issah to bail in the sum of GH₡ 20,000.00 with four sureties.

He is to report to the Criminal Investigation Department of the Ghana Police Service before noon from Monday to Thursday until the case is disposed of.

In the case of Afoko, an Accra High Court refused him bail, saying there had not been any unreasonable delay in the matter.

The court presided over by Mr Justice K.A Okwabi noted that the facts and charges were properly laid and they connected Afoko to the crime.

In May, while he was on his way home, Mahama was attacked with acid, and he later died in the hospital.

He reportedly named some of the persons who attacked him.

According to the Police, Afoko after his arrest, was asked to lead the Police to the house of his accomplice, Asabke Alangdi, but “he rather took them to the father’s house.”

The Police said they later located the house of the second person, but the suspect, having gotten wind of their presence, absconded with his wife, leaving behind their baby.

A gallon, which allegedly contained some of the substance and a plastic cup, were retrieved from the scene for forensic examination,” the Police stated.

The Police said: a “post mortem examination was conducted on the body of Adam and the pathologist gave the cause of the death as shocked lungs and extensive acid burns.”

Issah was arrested for allegedly buying the acid used for the attack.



Send your news stories to [email protected] and via WhatsApp on +233 234-972-832 


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.