The Ghana Agricultural and Rural Development Journalists Association (GARDJA) has released the list of successful applicants for bursaries to embark on a story-telling project on cocoa sustainability in Ghana.
GARDJA with support from UTZ/Rainforest Alliance, proudly announced the addition of funding package for members to investigate and report on the cocoa sector in Ghana, a month ago.
The projects has the following goals:
The Ghanaian public will have access to more and better investigative reports on cocoa sustainability issues on radio, online, newspaper and TV.
The voice of female and male cocoa farmers on cocoa sustainability issues will be included more frequently in media reports
It is expected that the increased and better-informed media attention will lead to a more informed public debate on cocoa sustainability issues and will allow the public and farmers especially to monitor the implementation of commitments made by governments and companies.
The beneficiaries of this support were carefully selected by a committee established by GARDJA, based on proposals submitted. Members of GARDJA are by this notice requested to submit proposals on issues of cocoa bearing in mind the objective of the project for possible support.
Below is the list of the successful applicants:
NAMES OF APPLICANT’S MEDIA HOUSE REGION
1) Zadok Kwame Gyesi Daily Graphic (Accra) Accra
2) Kofi Adu Domfeh TV3 (Kumasi) Ashanti
3) Isaac Kwaasi Mintah Lorlornyo FM (Hohoe) Volta
4) Gideon Kwame Sarkodie Osei Adars Fm (Kintampo) Brong
5) Nicholas Osei-Wusu GBC (Kumasi) Ashanti
6) Benjamin Makafui Attipoe TV Africa (Sogakope) Volta
7) Abubakar Ibrahim Multimedia Group (Accra) Accra
8) Edward Adjei Frimpong B&FT (Brong Ahafo) Brong
9) Kizito Cudjoe B&FT (Kumasi) Ashati
10) Ivy Setordjie Multimedia (Ho) Volta
11) Ibrahim Abubakar TV3 (Kumasi) Ashanti
12) Jessica Acheampong Graphic (Accra) Accra
13) Emmanuel Oduro Oyerepa Fm (Kumasi) Ashanti
14) Emmanuel Asamoah Radio 1 Fm (Eastern) Eastern
15) Kwadwo Baffoe Donkor Daily Graphic (Kumasi) Ashanti
16) Ama Achiaa Baafi Graphic Business (Accra) Accra
17) Mavis Animah Antwi UTV (Brong Ahafo) Brong
18) Alex Baah De-Beat Fm (Western) Western
19) Beatrice Spio Garbrah Media Generale (Kumasi) Ashanti
Project Administrator: Reuben Quainoo