tourist

Namibia expects zero tourist arrivals in the next three to four months, a senior official said Tuesday.

Speaking at the launch of the conservation relief, recovery and resilience facility, Environment, Forestry and Tourism Minister Pohamba Shifeta said the tourism industry had been tremendously affected by the COVID-19 lockdown.

“Lost income is particularly painful in rural areas where people depend on conservancies which had already been crippled by the six year drought,” Shifeta said.

He said Namibia’s tourism industry which employs around 120,000 people faces a daunting future and will need rescue.

“The launched facility aims to address the long-term impact associated with COVID-19 on our communities,” he said.

Namibia’s tourism and hospitality industry resumed operations today after more than a month of lockdown. Enditem

Disclaimer: News Ghana is not responsible for the reportage or opinions of contributors published on the website.

Send your news stories to [email protected] and via WhatsApp on +1-508-812-0505 

Previous articleNamibia starts 4-stage strategy to exit lockdown, but obtaining face masks still a challenge
Next articleExpert urges Kenya to reconsider imposing tax on digital platforms
Xinhua News Agency, Xinhuanet is an important central news service-oriented website, an important information organ of the central government, and an important platform for building up China's online international communication capacity. Established on November 7, 1997, as an online news provider of the Xinhua News Agency, it was officially named Xinhuanet on March 10, 2000 and began around-the-clock news release with leading online public opinion at home and setting a good image of China abroad as its main task.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here