It was another tragic day on Saturday as an Okada rider got electrocuted to death in Ejigbo, Lagos State.
The deceased, simply identified as Oche Samuel was reported to had taken his motorcycle to a mechanic shop in the area when the ugly incident happened.
DailyPost gathered that when the Power Holding Company of Nigeria?s high tension cable sparked and fell on Ailegun Road, off Ronik College, it resulted into people running helter-skelter for shelter.
An eyewitness said the deceased came out of the mechanic shop and unknowing stepped on some of the fallen cables and was immediately electrocuted.
He added that sympathisers avoided to help Samuel for fear of being electrocuted also.
DailyPost learnt that the deceased?s brother was contacted and he later came and took the corpse to the mortuary.
Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer PPRO, Ngozi Braide, confirmed the incident adding that the deceased was an okada rider, who went to repair his motorcycle when the incident occurred.
?The man, an okada rider went to a mechanic workshop to repair his motorcycle. It was during the time that the electric pole started to spark. In the process, he was electrocuted. His corpse has been deposited at the morgue of General Hospital, Isolo,? she said.
She however assured that investigation is ongoing on the incident.