Over 50 People Get Food Poisoning From Ritual Dish in India

0
India Flag
Credit: Nishant Vyas/Pexels

More than 50 people came down with food poisoning in the Indian state of Assam after eating a worship dish known as Prasada, the Indian police said on Monday.

The vegetarian dish was served at a religions function organized by a local villager on Sunday. Guests then started complaining of stomachache and feeling sick.

As a result, over 50 villagers have been hospitalized since Sunday evening. They are in a stable condition as of now.

On Monday, the authorities confiscated the entire stock of the pigeon pea — the key component of Prasada — from a shop where the villager purchased his ingredients. An investigation is underway.

Send your news stories to newsghana101@gmail.com and via WhatsApp on +233 244244807 Follow News Ghana on Google News

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here