Wpid Shelllogo
Cancellation Of Malabu Oil Divides Reps

Royal Dutch Shell says its data indicates the presence of a pre-deep water petroleum system at its offshore bloc about 30 km north of Nambia’s border with South Africa.

At a meeting with President Hage Geingob on Wednesday, Shell upstream vice president for exploration, Africa and Middle East, Colette Hirstius said the oil or gas discovery can only be certain once a well is drilled.

“We have acquired three 3D seismic surveys and our teams have been analyzing the data that we have acquired and we believe that there is a chance that there is a world-class deep-water petroleum system in the license that we have,” Hirstius said.

Shell Namibia, in collaboration with American upstream oil company Kosmos Energy and National Petroleum Corporation of Namibia (Namcor), is working on technical plans to start the drilling process for the prospecting of oil and gas early next year.

Shell, in Namibia since 2014, has acquired a 90 percent controlling interest in Petroleum Exploration Licence 39, located offshore Namibia, with the other 10 percent interest held by Namcor. Enditem

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.