A senior official reveals that there is no record of the full list of those who have received the awards. | By Chidi Okoye
Henry Akpan, FCT?s Permanent Secretary, Special Duties, on Tuesday, told the Senate Committee on Special Duties that the Presidency has no data base of the national honours award.
Akpan, while defending the ministry?s budget, noted that since the inception of the national awards, ?there is no record of the full list of those who had received the award so far?. ?The only capital project before it was the e-library, of which the ministry was asking for an appropriation of N80 million,? he said.
President Goodluck Jonathan, after presiding over this year’s award, announced that government would withdraw the award from any past recipient found wanting in character and behaviour.