Ghana’s Richard Commey has moved to the position of the number one contender, in the International Boxing Federation (IBF) Lightweight division, according to the latest ranking released by IBF at the end of April.
Commey, was in March ranked 3rd, has moved two places up, after he stopped Alejandro Luna in round six in an IBF World Lightweight eliminator.
Commey, who holds the WBC International belt, has now gotten the opportunity to face IBF World Lightweight champion Robert Easter Jr in a rematch.
The duo fought in September 2016 for the then vacant IBF lightweight belt, but Easter won via controversial split decision.
Below are IBF’s top 15 rated lightweight boxers in the world
1. Richard Commey – Ghana
2. NOT RATED
3. Edis Tatli – Finland
4. Masayoshi Nakatani – Japan
5. Roman Andreev – Russian Federation
6. Ryan Martin – United States
7. Kazuhiro Nishitani – Japan
8. Mario Barrios – United States
9. Isa Chaniev – Russian Federation
10. Anthony Crolla – England
11. Ismael Barroso – Venezuela
12. Antonio Lozada Jr – Mexico
13. Xiangxiang Sun – China
14. Daud Yordan – Indonesia
15. Francesco Patera – Belgium