bomb blast

Rucksacks have been banned in bars, restaurants and supermarkets in Cameroon’s commercial hub of Douala following a blast in the city, a government official said on Saturday.

“This measure intends to assure the security of people and property in places with high human concentration,” Samuel Dieudonne Ivaha Diboua, governor of Littoral region said in a statement.

It came three days after two people sustained serious injuries in an explosion in Douala. According to the police, on Friday, the injured are “two criminals” who were carrying an improvised explosive device in a rucksack but poorly manipulated it.

Police said the attackers “probably” used improvised explosive device that have been used in similar attacks in the capital Yaounde, where there have been over 10 bombing attacks since the start of the year. No deaths have been reported so far. Enditem

Disclaimer: News Ghana is not responsible for the reportage or opinions of contributors published on the website.

Send your news stories to [email protected] and via WhatsApp on +1-508-812-0505 

Previous articleUgandan police say death toll in violent protests rises to 28
Next articleNigerian military confirms 17 bandits killed in airstrikes
Xinhua News Agency, Xinhuanet is an important central news service-oriented website, an important information organ of the central government, and an important platform for building up China's online international communication capacity. Established on November 7, 1997, as an online news provider of the Xinhua News Agency, it was officially named Xinhuanet on March 10, 2000 and began around-the-clock news release with leading online public opinion at home and setting a good image of China abroad as its main task.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here