Russian diamond giant Alrosa donates COVID-19 vaccines to Zimbabwe

0
Sputnik V Vaccine
Sputnik V Vaccine

The initial batch of 25,000 Sputnik V COVID-19 doses procured by Russian mining conglomerate Alrosa was delivered to Zimbabwean President Emmerson Mnangagwa at State House in the capital of Harare Friday.

Alrosa has pledged to purchase 50,000 doses of vaccines for Zimbabwe. The remaining 25,000 doses are expected in the country later this month.

Speaking at the handover event, Mnangagwa commended Alrosa for supporting Zimbabwe’s fight against the pandemic, adding that the gesture attested to Russia’s commitment to enhance global access to vaccines.

Alrosa, which is the world’s largest diamond producer, has a 70 percent stake in Alrosa Zimbabwe, with the remaining 30 percent being owned by the Zimbabwean government through the Zimbabwe Consolidated Diamond Company. Enditem

Send your news stories to [email protected] and via WhatsApp on +233 244244807
Follow News Ghana on Google News

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here