Lockdown

The Rwandan government on late Sunday cancelled its earlier decision to further loosen COVID-19 lockdown after reassessing the situation.

Transportation between provinces and the capital city Kigali as well as motorcycle passenger services, which had been scheduled to resume on Monday, will remain closed until further notice in the interest of public health and further measures against COVID-19 would be announced by the cabinet on Tuesday, the Prime Minister’s office said in a tweet.

Rwanda’s Health Ministry on Sunday reported 11 new confirmed COVID-19 cases and six recoveries, bringing the total number of confirmed cases and recoveries to 370 and 256, respectively.

The new cases include returning residents, cross-border truck drivers and traders, the ministry said.
Various tests done up to Saturday showed that there is no community transmission of the virus in the country, Director General of Rwanda Biomedical Center Sabin Nsanzimana said earlier on the day.

Patients who tested positive for COVID-19 in the last more than one month were imported cases that were immediately isolated, he said.

Disclaimer: News Ghana is not responsible for the reportage or opinions of contributors published on the website.

Send your news stories to [email protected] and via WhatsApp on +1-508-812-0505 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.