Senegal reports 4 new cases of COVID-19, 31 in total

0
1
Covid-19

Alyose Waly Diouf, spokesman of the Senegalese Ministry of Health and Social Action, announced Tuesday evening that four new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) have been detected in Senegal.

During a daily briefing on the COVID-19 situation in Senegal, Diouf said three cases are imported ones, and the fourth is a contact of the country’s fifth confirmed case, a patient who tested positive on March 11 in Touba after returning from Italy.

He did not give more details about the four new cases.

Senegal will suspend, toward midnight on Wednesday, all passenger flights to and from Europe and North Africa for a period of 30 days, Senegalese Minister of Air Transport and Tourism Alioune Sarr announced Monday evening.

During a daily press briefing on the COVID-19 pandemic, Sarr said the decision to suspend flights from France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Belgium, Tunisia and Algeria is to contain the spread of COVID-19 in Senegal.

So far, Senegal has reported 31 cases of COVID-19. Two patients have been declared cured by local health authorities.

Among the 31 cases, 12 are imported cases, and the others are cases of local transmission. Enditem

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here