The Sudanese government on Monday decided to extend the full curfew in Khartoum State for two more weeks starting Tuesday to prevent COVID-19 spread.
“The Security and Defense Council has agreed on a recommendation by the Higher Committee for Health Emergencies to extend the curfew imposed on Khartoum State for two weeks more,” said the higher committee for health emergencies in a statement.
Restriction on domestic transport and the ban on travels between the capital and the states have also been extended, it added.
Earlier in the day, the Sudanese health ministry announced 302 new COVID-19 infections and eight more fatalities, bringing the total confirmed cases to 2,591 and the death toll to 105. Meanwhile, 25 more patients have recovered, taking the total recoveries to 247, it said.
On April 18, the Sudanese government imposed a three-week curfew on Khartoum State. The curfew had been extended for 10 days from May 9.