Tanzania’s industries to contribute 30 percent to GDP by 2025

0
Gross Domestic Product (GDP)
Gross Domestic Product (GDP)

Tanzania’s industries will target to contribute 30 percent to the gross domestic product (GDP) by 2025, said the Minister for Industry and Trade Kitila Mkumbo Wednesday.

Mkumbo told a press conference in Dodoma, the capital of Tanzania, that currently there are about 80,697 industries in the country contributing more than 17 percent to the country’s GDP.

“This is a good indicator that the country’s ambitious industrialization drive by 2025 will be considerably achieved,” said Mkumbo.

Apart from contributing to the GDP, the industries have created employment opportunities where 99 percent of direct employment was occupied by Tanzanians, with the remaining 1 percent allocated to foreigners, said the official, adding mega industries in the country have so far provided direct employment to about 400,000 Tanzanians on average. Enditem

Send your news stories to [email protected] and via WhatsApp on +233 244244807
Follow News Ghana on Google News

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here