TCR2DG Series achieves low-noise, high ripple rejection ratio, and excellent responsiveness under high-speed loads
(BUSINESS WIRE)– Toshiba Corporation (TOKYO:6502) will launch a 200mA output single LDO regulator fabricated with a newly developed micro-CMOS process. Its features include low-noise output, high ripple rejection ratio, excellent responsiveness under high-speed loads and low drop-out.
The new LDO regulator achieves a low-noise output of 18?Vrms (2.5V output), an excellent ripple rejection ratio of 62dB at high frequency (2.5V output, f = 10kHz), excellent responsiveness under high-speed loads of ?VOUT = ?65mV (IOUT = 1mA ?150mA, COUT = 1.0?F), and low drop-out characteristics of 80mV (2.5V output, IOUT = 100mA).
Integration into an ultra-small WCSP4 package (0.79mm ? 0.79mm ? 0.5mm) ensures suitability for applications demanding high-density packaging, such as mobile devices.
Samples are available now and mass production is scheduled to start in January.
Mobile phones, tablet PCs, portable audio players, digital cameras, digital video cameras and other small mobile devices
1. Low noise output VNO = 20?Vrms (typ.) at 3.0V output, IOUT = 10mA, 10 Hz < f < 100kHz VNO = 18?Vrms (typ.) at 2.5V output, IOUT = 10mA, 10 Hz < f < 100kHz VNO = 14?Vrms (typ.) at 1.2V output, IOUT = 10mA, 10 Hz < f < 100kHz
2. High ripple rejection ratio RR = 75dB (typ.) at 2.5V output, IOUT = 10mA, f = 1kHz RR = 62dB (typ.) at 2.5V output, IOUT = 10mA, f = 10kHz RR = 50dB (typ.) at 2.5V output, IOUT = 10mA, f = 100kHz
3. High-speed load transient response ?VOUT = ?65mV (typ.) at IOUT = 1 ?150mA, COUT =1.0?F
4. Low drop-out voltage VIN-VOUT = 80mV (typ.) at 2.5V output, IOUT = 100mA
5. The voltage-clamp type output voltage can be set between 1.2V and 3.6V in increments of 50mV.
6. Output voltage accuracy: ?1.0%
7. Built-in over-current protection circuit
8. Built-in over-temperature protection circuit
9. Ultra-small package contributes to reductions in space required.
*Follow this link for more on this product. http://www.semicon.toshiba.co.jp/eng/product/linear/selection/topics/1264512_2398.html
Toshiba is a world-leading diversified manufacturer, solutions provider and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products and systems. Toshiba Group brings innovation and imagination to a wide range of businesses: digital products, including LCD TVs, notebook PCs, retail solutions and MFPs; electronic devices, including semiconductors, storage products and materials; industrial and social infrastructure systems, including power generation systems, smart community solutions, medical systems and escalators & elevators; and home appliances.
Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 550 consolidated companies, with 202,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 6.1 trillion yen (US$74 billion). Visit Toshiba‘s web site at ?www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm
Information in the document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is current on the date of the press announcement, but is subject to change without prior notice.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50499578&lang=en