Fire Outbreak

A gas explosion in a room in a compound house at Caprice, a suburb of Akim Oda burnt down four other rooms in the house.

According to Mr. David Okyere, the Birim Central Municipal Director of National Disaster Management Organization(NADMO), before the intervention of the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS), the fire had burnt down the four rooms and the property in them into ashes with two persons sustaining severe burns and five other members of the household sustaining minor injuries.

Mr Emmanuel Kofi and his brother who visited him and whose name is not readily available sustained severe burns and were transferred from Oda Government Hospital to Koforidua Regional Hospital for further treatment.

Investigations revealed that, the members of the compound house instead of calling 191 or 0342093773, which is the contact of Birim Central Municipal GNFS, they rather called 192 which led to the arrival of Ambulance Service to the scene first.

The NADMO Director said, property lost was estimated at about GHC 15,200.00.

Disclaimer: News Ghana is not responsible for the reportage or opinions of contributors published on the website.

Send your news stories to [email protected] and via WhatsApp on +1-508-812-0505 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.