Two persons escaped death when the Konkomba market in Agbogbloshie, Accra, was gutted by fire on Wednesday.
Narrating the circumstances that caused the fire outbreak, Public Relations Officer of the Ghana Fire Service, ?Prince Billy Anaglatey said ?According to the people we interviewed, we were only told that [it was] because of the black out.
They are suspecting that a woman might have left the candle in the room with her child before leaving. But the child was able to escape from the room… because of the wooden structures that?s why the fire spread so rapidly to other adjourning structures.?
?There are about 30 structures that they were using as dwelling places and that is where the fire has destroyed. There was smoke coming from one of the rooms in there. Looking at the structures there, you realize they were all wooden structures.?
The recent fire outbreak brings to four the number of markets razed as a result of fire in the past two months.
Many properties including lives have been lost in similar incidents at the Lapaz, Madina and Mallam markets in recent occurrences.