It’s an annoying problem if you forgot Windows 7 password. You can simply reinstall the system to unlock the computer. But the reinstalling will spend a lot of time. If you have an urgent job and need to use the computer, it might be a disaster for you. In this condition, you’ll need to quickly remove or reset the lost password. Therefore, you can regain access to your computer in a few minutes.
To reset the password, you need a CD burner, a blank CD and password reset software. If you don’t have a CD burner then you’ll need a USB flash drive instead. Windows Password Buster is a professional and easy-to-use Windows password recovery tool. This software enables you to reset the Windows password by creating a password reset disk. Just 4 easy steps.
Step 1: Create a password reset disk
Install Windows Password Buster in an available computer. Run the program and create a password reset disk with CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
1. Insert a blank CD/DVD disk or USB flash drive into the computer and select your option.
2. Click “Next” to start the burning. The burning may take a few seconds.
Now you have successfully created a password reset disk. You can use the disk to reset the forgotten Windows 7 password.
Step 2: Boot PC from the password reset disk
Insert the password reset disk into the locked computer. Turn on or reboot the computer and immediately press “F2” to enter the BIOS Setup Utility. (The key to access into BIOS depends on the manufacturer of the motherboard and BIOS. F2 and Delete is the common key able to enter BIOS.)
1. Use the arrow keys to choose the “Boot” tab, and then select “Boot Device Priority” and hit Enter key.
2. Set “CDROM” to the “1st Boot Device” according to the prompts on the right.
3. Press “F10” to save and exit. The computer will restart and boot from the password reset disk automatically.
Step 3: Reset the forgotten Windows 7 password
Windows Password Buster will initialize after computer restarts. Then you can reset the forgotten Windows 7 password.
1. Select the target user account and click “Change password”.
2. Select the option to remove the password or create a new password. Then click “OK”.
If you do not want to remove or reset the password, you can create a new admin account by click the “Create a new account” button. You can also log on your computer via an admin account when you forgot Windows 7 password.
Step 4: Log on to Windows with the new password
Click “Reboot” to reboot the computer. Now you can log on to Windows 7 with the new password or new admin account.
Note: Please remove the password reset disk before computer restarts.
Passwords have become an inventible part of our daily life. Forgetting computer password is a common problem. Fortunately, there is no need to reinstall system when you forgot Windows 7 password. With Windows Password Buster, you can easily reset the lost password.