Burkina Faso
Burkina Faso

The US strongly condemns the killing of at least 160 civilians on June 5 in an armed attack on a village in northern Burkina Faso, State Department spokesperson Ned Price said on Wednesday.

“The United States condemns in the strongest terms the senseless killing of at least 160 civilians, including children in Burkina Faso, on the night of June 4 to June 5. We stand with Burkinabe partners in the fight against violent extremism. We extend our sincere condolences to the families of the victims of this heinous attack, and we call for those responsible to be held accountable,” Price told reporters during a briefing.

Gunmen stormed the village of Solhan, near the border with Niger, earlier this month, killing men, women and children and burning homes and the local market. Nearly 40 people were seriously injured.

The country’s northern regions that border Niger and Mali have been repeatedly targeted by militants affiliated with al-Qaeda and the Islamic State terrorist groups (both banned in Russia). The surge in attacks in recent months prompted the government to evacuate some villages located in that part of Burkina Faso.

Disclaimer: News Ghana is not responsible for the reportage or opinions of contributors published on the website.

Send your news stories to [email protected] and via WhatsApp on +1-508-812-0505 

For Latest Updates Follow us on Google News
Previous articleSpanish PM Says People Vaccinated With Sputnik V Should Be Allowed Into EU
Next articleSouth Korea Penalizes Microsoft Among 6 Tech Companies for Data Leak

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here