We are a leading company in the oil & gas industry in Africa and beyond. We are seeking a high-performing and experienced professionals to fill the following positions:
1. GENERAL MANAGER
Reporting to the Group CEO, the General Manager will provide strategic direction for the entire operations of the business unit; identifying and leading the long term strategy for the growth of the business
• Manage, direct and lead the Management Team of the company
• Contribute to setting strategic goals, budgets, policies and procedures to enhance profitability and return on investment.
• Develop, in coordination with the Management team, an integrated business plan that optimizes market share and profitability of existing and new activities
• Conduct strategic review of performance on a regular basis to ensure the achievement of the short and long term goals
• Establish and maintain an effective system of communications throughout the company
• Act as the principal representative and public relation officer of the company
• Ensure safety and regulatory compliance with national legislations
• Provide leadership consistent with company values by setting clear work expectations and holding employees accountable for their performance.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, Engineering or equivalent professional qualifications. Possession of MBA is an advantage
• 12+ years of experience in operations, finance, engineering or general management preferably in oil & gas, mining or manufacturing environments.
• Entrepreneurial at heart, with keen interest in managing a scalable organization.
• A highly driven individual with an executional focus and a strong sense of urgency.
• Successful operations leadership experience
• Demonstrated ability to lead change initiatives and drive process excellence
• Excellent verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills
• Ability to sustainably execute on projects across multiple functional teams.
2. BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Reporting to the General Manager, the Business Development Manager will develop and maintain a long term commercial strategy for the company ensuring that the business looks ahead at the longer-term, strategic opportunities that will provide a step change for the business. The candidate will drive maximum sales, profitability, growth, and account penetration within the market by effectively selling the company’s products and services.
• Establish, develop, and maintain business relationships with current clients and prospective clients in the market
• Promote, sell, and secure orders from existing and prospective clients through a relationship-based approach.
• Lead the preparation of compelling proposals, presentations, and marketing materials.
• Research sources for developing prospective clients to determine their potential.
• Anticipate and expedite the resolution of clients’ problems and complaints.
• Analyze market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective client value to the business.
• Identify and develop new business and revenue streams from new and previously under-explored and under-developed initiatives and/or accounts.
• Monitor market conditions, innovations and trends, and competitors’ performance, pricing and sales strategies to maximize competitive stance
• Present reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
• Participate in industry trade shows, etc. as a strategic part of client development
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Marketing, Business Administration, or in a related field or equivalent professional qualification. Possession of MBA is an advantage
• 8+ years of industry experience with at least 5 years of Business Development experience
• Knowledge of sales promotion techniques.
• Proactive, confident self-starter and strong analytical thinker.
• Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, paired with the ability to persuade and influence others.
• Proficient in negotiating contracts with clients and partners
• Must be fluent in French
3. HR BUSINESS PARTNER
Reporting to the Group Human Resources Director with dotted line to the General Manager, the HR Business Partner will lead HR support services to one of our business units as a strategic business partner to the leadership team. In addition, this role will be a key member of the Human Resources team and will collaborate with other business partners and business leaders to ensure that strategic business objectives are achieved through effective human resources management.
• Develop and execute HR strategies to respond to changing business unit needs
• Understand the talent needs of the business unit and develop strategies to identify, attract, develop and retain employees
• Identify and utilize HR metrics (i.e. workforce data and trends, turnover, etc.) to diagnose and proactively address or anticipate potential challenges to the business
• Partner with business unit leaders to formulate business plans and strategic workforce planning objectives.
• Partner with business unit leaders on organizational realignments and other change management initiatives
• Support the development of competency models and career/learning road maps; conduct competency and skill assessments as necessary
• Provide leaders with ongoing consultation and coaching on performance management tools and solutions
• Facilitate the Year-End Compensation Planning process as well as Employee Engagement Survey results analysis and action planning
• Support business with resolution of employee issues, investigations, career counseling and leadership coaching
• Partner with Finance and business unit leaders to facilitate hiring plans and forecasts
• Partner with business leaders on assessment of talent, succession planning and key talent movements
• Advise the business and ensure compliance with all employment policies and legislations
• Perform other job related functions as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent professional qualifications
• HR certification from a professional body- IHRMP, CIPD, SHRM etc
• 8+ years human resource business partner experience
• Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
• High level of initiative, analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills
• Ability to influence and drive results
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with all levels
• Ability to partner with employees at all levels, including senior executives
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook
4. FOOD SAFETY SPECIALIST
Reporting to the General Manager, the Food Safety Specialist leads the coordination, execution, and implementation of key microbiology and food safety programs for the company, which include product sampling, environmental monitoring, and other food safety initiatives and certifications. S/he is responsible for completing a standardized Food safety and Sanitation Audit that encompasses all aspects of grocery food safety
• Ensure GMP and food safety requirements and policies are implemented and respected
• Develop, implement, and coordinate food safety programs for the warehouse facility
• Support the implementation of corrective actions associated with identified gaps
• Ensure data is entered into the system accurately and in a timely manner.
• Keep record of Certificates of analysis
• Perform trending analysis; identify non-conformances and opportunities for improvement for product analysis and the Environmental Monitoring Program
• Management of client documentation requirements for products being supplied from the facility
• Work closely with Operations Manager to ensure incoming materials are sampled, inspected, and approved for use in the Warehouse
• Lead third party and internal audits and their preparation and follow up
• Provide support to correct key food safety complaints
• Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Biology, Microbiology, or Chemistry
• 5+ years of experience as QA/ QC including experience in the food industry
• Knowledge of HACCP, GMPs, Environmental Monitoring, and microbiological testing
• Excellent communication skills and a team player
• Strong leadership abilities
• Understanding of government regulations in relation to food processing
• Strong personal computer skills i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Oracle
Interested and suitably qualified persons are required to submit their Curriculum Vitae and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 28th December 2018.