There are few people outside of a few of the other wealthiest countries who wouldn’t want to immigrate to Canada if given a chance. What makes Canada so attractive? To begin with, it has one of the highest standards of living in the world. Also, it is a vast country with abundant natural resources and plenty of opportunities. It is also a thriving democracy where individual freedom is guaranteed by the law.
Here are some of the features that make Canada one of the top choices for immigrants from around the world:
- High standard of living: Canada has one of the highest standards of living in the world. The country has an annual per capita income of US$41,100 which is one of the highest in the world. It ranks among the highest in quality of life, education, civil liberties, economic freedom and government transparency.
- Sparsely populated: For such a vast country endowed with enormous natural resources, Canada has a population of just over 34 million. This is a little more than 1/10th of the population of the USA, which is about the same size. The country has plenty of space for more people and is very welcoming and generous. Every year, over 200,000 people legally immigrate to the Canada.
- Employment opportunities: Canada is one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world. It has plenty of industries where immigrants can get highly paid jobs. The median salary of Canadians per weeks is about C$1,000 per week, which is far more than people can expect to make in an entire month in many countries.
- Welfare state: Canada has one of the best welfare states in the world. Primary and secondary education is free. Grants, scholarships and loans are available to the deserving in the post-secondary education. Health care is mostly free and the same level of basic care is provided to every individual. There are also social programs to help the needy, such as child benefit, unemployment benefits, low-income support, pension plans and disability programs.
- Family reunification: Compared to many other countries, Canada is more welcoming to the families of citizens and permanent residents. If you can demonstrate that you can support your family financially, then you can easily bring your family into Canada.
If you think you have the right education, skills and work experience, then you should contact a Canadian immigration lawyer to find out how you can immigrate to Canada.