Android OS is the best way to harness the most potential from your business efforts. Android apps are reliable, creative, cross platform optimized and easy to build and launch.
Let’s take a look at the out-standing features of an Android OS:
1) Android is an open-source operating system. Compared to other platforms it offers more support to its developers to develop apps with more success
2) The updated Android OS based on the Linux kernel provides more stability and performance. The system is less prone to crashes and a better development approach
3) Developers have the ability to build custom apps for various industry verticals. The software gives a more usable design and layout for developers to build dynamic apps
4) Android’s pool of developers work continuously to build apps written in the flexible version of the Java language. These apps are user friendly, smart and intuitive catering to every user need
5) Developing apps is a cost-effective affair with no licensing required to use the software. Thus, giving room to companies to include immense creativity and freedom to their app development
Let’s see what the figures report:
1) As per a report by IDC, it informed that 75% of global Q3 smartphone shipments were Android devices. This clearly indicates that Android platform is slowly gaining market share and driving sales to become the dominant smartphone platform
2) CNET further gives the impressive number of Android penetrations, Android sees roughly 1.3 million activations on a daily basis, globally.
There are nearly 600 unique Android devices in the market today. There are almost 600,000 Android apps to this date
3) As per another report from Google, Android OS 4.0 and up are running on almost half of Android devices. Together, Android 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2 totaled 42.6% of all Android devices from 39.3%, from last month
Quick Tips ? To Install an Android OS Update
It is fairly easy to install the Android OS updates to your smartphone, however there are few things to keep in mind installing an Android update. Since, operating system updates are data-sensitive and install faster on a Wi-Fi network, it is advisable to turn on the Wi-Fi when performing an over-the-air update. Keep your phone connected to the phone charger during the update.
Some Android updates may wash away the data from your phone, hence, pre-sync your phone with your Gmail account. Purchased apps from the Android Store can still be downloaded even after a data wipe and do not have to be purchased again.