Christopher Samba joined Blackburn from Hertha Berlin in 2007
Blackburn defender Christopher Samba launched a fresh attack on the Indian owners of Premier League strugglers Blackburn on Friday as he renewed his attempts to leave the club.
Samba, who requested a transfer earlier this month and has been linked with moves to Tottenham and QPR, said Blackburn’s owners Venky’s “don’t understand” football and had broken pledges to improve the squad.
“I signed a new deal last January because Venky’s told me they had big plans. Names like Ronaldinho were mentioned and they promised there was going to be a lot of investment in the team. It hasn’t happened,” Samba told The Sun.
“They don’t understand football in this country and they don’t realise how much I’ve given to Blackburn and that they have broken promises they have made.
“I stayed because I believed them but they weren’t honest with me and now I know I made the wrong decision.
“I share the frustration of the fans who must have believed the owners too.”
The Congo international centre-half said Blackburn had deterred potential suitors by slapping a £15 million price tag on him.
“I’m not a £15million player,” he said. “Blackburn only signed me for £400,000 from Hertha Berlin and if they get £7million now then that’s very good business.
“I’ve got nothing against the manager (Steve Kean). It’s not like he’s been given £100million to spend, he’s trying to do the best he can with what he has.
“This is between me and the owners. It’s personal.”