All three-second cycle institutions in the Sissala East Municipality on Monday started reporting as directed by the president.
At the Kanton Senior High school, out of 504 students expected to resume, 30 had reported as at the time the GNA visited.
Mr Mohammed Kanton, the headmaster of the school told the GNA in Tumu after the Municipal Chief Executive, Mr Karim Nanyua and the Director in charge of supervision visited the school that all was set to receive the students.
He said teachers had been placed at the entrance to ensure temperature and other COVID-19 protocols were adhered to.
He said the teachers were expected to be at the entrance of the school up to 22:00GMT to fully ensure everyone coming into the campus behaved as expected.
He said dormitories, classrooms, and dining hall had all been arranged to meet the social distancing protocols.
At the Tumu St. Clares Vocational Institute the headmistress, Sister Catherine Naaeke said students had to wear a nose mask, wash their hands thoroughly before they could register at the entrance.
At the Tumu Senior High Technical school, the MCE was not happy with the school authorities who were not ready to receive the students and directed the authorities to immediately do the right thing.
Mr Karim Nanyua announced that earlier the government sent PPES, which had since been distributed to the schools but that some of the schools still asked for more.
Mr Godfrey Baveru Kanton, a GES director of supervision at the Municipality advised teachers to participate in the exercise or risk infecting themselves as students would be coming from all parts of the country to interact with them.