A 33 year-old electrician working with the Ghana Manganese Company Limited (GMCL) at Nsuta Wassa in the Tarkwa Nsueam municipality has been electrocuted
while on duty.
The deceased Samuel Appiah was allegedly working on the Company’s high tension pole when he had a shock and fell in the process.
Mr Stephen Kwesi Appiah, deceased’s father, disclosed this to the Ghana News Agency in an interview at his son’s residence at Nsuta Wassa.
According to Mr Appiah, on February 20, around 12 noon, he called the deceased on his mobile phone and they had some discussions.
He said at about 1830 hours on the same day, he had a distress call that after his son had completed his daily work, he was asked by one of his supervisors to work on the Company’s high tension pole with other colleagues.
Mr Appiah said while the deceased was working on the high tension pole, he had a shock and landed with his head on the ground and died instantly.
He added that though the management of GMCL had officially informed him of his son’s death, the family was yet to receive the autopsy report of the deceased.
Mr Appiah noted that his son, who got married recently, has been supportive to his siblings and described his death as a great lost to the family.
He therefore called on the Company to investigate the matter thoroughly and assist the family to cater for the deceased’s wife and young siblings who were schooling.