A District Court in Accra has ordered its Registrar to invite the Pathologist who conducted the autopsy on the body of the late J.B. Danquah Adu, Member of Parliament for Abuakwa-North to explain reasons for the delay in submitting the report.

The order came after Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) George Amegah who is in charge of the prosecution expressed the frustration of the Police in obtaining the autopsy report of the late Member of Parliament who was killed 21 months ago.

 According to DSP Amegah, an order of the court had been served on the Pathologist, Dr Lawrence Adusei adding that as at yesterday, the Head of the Homicide Unit of the Police also confirmed that “they have not received the full autopsy report.”

 DSP Amegah said the delay in releasing report has affected the prosecution of the case.

 This was revealed on Friday when Daniel Asiedu and Vincent Bosso, appeared before the Court.

 Asiedu and Bosso have been charged with abetment of crime to wit murder Asiedu has additionally been charged with murder. Their pleas have been preserved.

Ms Arit Nsemoh, the presiding Magistrate adjourned the case to November 21.

In related development, Bosso told the court that he could not explain why he had been kept in custody since last year.

According to him, he was only asked to accompany the Police to identify Aseidu.

The court asked the accused to exercise patience and that they would be given the opportunity to talk when the time comes.

The accused persons were discharged from a High Court when the Attorney-General filed for discontinuation of the earlier trial but were later re-arrested and fresh charges preferred.

 DSP Amegah had told the court that Aseidu resides at Agbogboloshie and Bosso was his friend.

He said the deceased Joseph Boakye Danquah Adu was the MP for Abuakwa North constituency in the Eastern Region.

Aseidu had been talking to Bosso about plans to go on some robbery expedition.

On February 8, last year, at about 23:30 hours Aseidu and Bosso armed themselves with various implements such as a screw driver, a cutter and knife, left Agbogboloshie to East Legon on a robbery spree.

The accused persons walked around to see which house they were going to rob and eventually pointed at the house of the deceased as a potential house to be robbed. Bosso however left after a disagreement on the choice of the MP”s house.

  He said Aseidu entered the house of the deceased and noticed that there was light in the MP’s bedroom upstairs and that he could not easily access the room.

  Aseidu used a ladder and climbed onto the porch and entered the room through the window.

  The deceased, who had arrived home earlier around 23:40 hours, had gone to bed. Asiedu on seeing the lights on in the deceased’s room entered and began to search the room. In the process, the MP woke up and attempted to stop Aseidu.

 Asiedu, who had a knife stabbed the deceased several times in the neck and chest. The MP bled and collapsed.

 While Aseidu was stabbing the MP, he (Asiedu) also sustained various cuts in his palm and chest.

 Asiedu found in the room three mobile phones and later escaped through the adjourning house and fled.

 A security man in the deceased’s house later found that the ladder was on the wall leading to the deceased room.

He said the security man raised an alarm and he and other occupants in the house entered the MP’s room and saw the deceased in a pool of blood.

An initial autopsy report indicated that the MP died of excessive bleeding as a result of multiple stabbing.

Investigations led to the arrest of the accused persons.

Aseidu had indicated that he only went there to steal.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.