Italy’s former Prime Mnister, Silvio Berlusconi wants to slowly resume his political work after several hospital stays.
“Fortunately, I am gradually getting better,” the 84-year-old said in an interview with Wednesday’s edition of the newspaper Il Giornale.
The doctors have allowed him to do a minimum of work again, but he has not been allowed to leave the house, he said.
Berlusconi had contracted the coronavirus in September last year.
Since then, the leader of the conservative Forza Italia party, which is part of the current government under Prime Minister Mario Draghi, has been in and out of hospital for lengthy examinations because of the consequences.
During this time, several trial dates were postponed in which the politician has to answer charges of bribery, among other accusations.
Berlusconi is said to be recovering at home after his last hospital stay in Milan.